Happy Monday all! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. This weekend was so busy for us (like most weekends). We are slowly approaching being finished with our chicken coop. I’ll be posting all the details, including a step by step tutorial (for the most part). We also cut sod out of the area we’ll be putting our new vegetable garden. I’m really excited, but it’s a lot of work to move that sod!
But in between, and on Friday, I was able to snatch up some time to hit some garage sales. I thought I’d share what I found because I’m so excited!
- The first thing I found was this great little greenhouse thing. I’m not quite sure what to use it for, but it is so adorable. I could put candles in it (when they’re not being burned), or some kind of accessory. Another thing I’m kind of thinking is to take out the little plastic glass and put a plant inside of it. Not sure yet, but so cute!
- Next was my favorite find for the weekend! I’m so amazed. I found this chandelier for just $3! She says she’s pretty sure it’s working, but even if it isn’t, we have an electrician friend that I’m sure could help me get it working. I’ll probably paint it white.
- It seems that $3 was the magic number this weekend. I found these panel drapes for $3 for 4 of them. I originally loved the color for the office I’m re-doing. But I’m not really sold on that idea because of the boxes I chose for the storage. The colors might not look great together. Even so, I love this color and in my future re-do’s I plan to use it so I thought I’d pick them up anyways. They’re in great shape too.
- Next I found these cute little signs. They were just 25¢ each and since we have chickens now, I thought they were so cute. I hung the milk one on the fridge for now. I’ll show you that later, I have to get a proper magnetic hook for it first.
Price: 50¢ for both.
- At the same sale as the signs, I found this really cute corner table. I’m not sure what I’m going to do with it yet, but I have some ideas. The top back corner is not in such great shape, but I might do something fun to hide that. But you just can’t beat the price.
- Next I found these cute frames, which I plan to use in my “feature wall” in the office redesign.
Price: 75¢ for all 3
- Finally, but totally unrelated, my puppy, Danger, got a hair cut too! His hair gets really long so I think he’ll appreciate the shorter cut for the summer. I also just love the little bandannas they send him home in. So cute…
Well I hope all your treasure hunting this past weekend was as successful and fun as mine!