This is an easy quick tip to clean up your molds, wick pins, and other candle tools after you use them. Getting wax stuck to them is going to happen, but it’s a snap to clean up and here’s how.
- Old Cookie Sheet
- Paper Towels
- Mold To Be Cleaned
- Gather up all the mold and candle making tools you need to clean.
- Get out a cookie sheet and paper towel.
- Lay about 3-4 layers of paper towel over the cookie sheet.
- Place all of the candle making tools onto the cookie sheet.
- Heat your oven to the absolute lowest setting possible, or if you have a “Keep Warm” setting, you can use that as well.
- Put the tools into the oven for about 5 minutes. When you check on them after 5 minutes, if everything isn’t melted off, just add a couple more minutes until the molds are completely cleaned of any wax.
- Carefully remove them from the oven (THEY MAY BE HOT).
- Wipe any excess off while it’s still soft and not hardened.
- …and voila!