Per the request of Rachael I’m going to show you how to easily make chocolate covered spoons for entertaining with. These cute spoons aren’t just chocolate covered, but they’re made to look like Easter eggs too!
If you want to make regular chocolate covered spoons, the steps are the same, just replace the white chocolate with milk chocolate and use the decorating gel to your preference.
- 12 Spoons – Quality Hard Plastic or Regular Spoons
- 1 cup – White Chocolate Candy Melts (or White Chocolate Chips)
- Decorating Gel – Multiple Colors (the more the better!)
- Wax Paper
- Aluminum Foil (for making aluminum foil balls)
- Cookie Sheet (for transporting to the fridge)
- Gather the supplies above.
- Measure out about 1 cup of the chocolate and put it into a microwave safe bowl.
- Put it in the microwave for about 2 minutes.
- Stir the chocolate so that it’s nice and smooth.
- Dip a spoon into the chocolate and pick up some chocolate in the spoon.
- Place on the wax paper (the wax paper should be placed on a cookie sheet at this point).
- Continue doing this until you have all the spoons covered (1 cup will make about 12).
- Place small aluminum balls beneath the handles to prevent the chocolate from running down the handle and to keep it all on the spoon evenly. Place the spoons in the fridge for about 1 hour or until the chocolate is completely hardened.
- Decorate with the Decorating Gel to look like a decorated egg.
- Do this with all of them, let your creativity run wild here! This would also be a great thing to do with the kids as well.
- Serve in a pretty way. You could also put ribbon around the handles, but because of the decorating gel, the ribbon might mess up the design.