Happy St. Patrick’s Day everyone! I hope you all have some fun plans for tonight. Today I’ll be showing you how to make cute clover shaped cupcakes in celebration of St. Patrick’s Day!
- 1 cup – Butter
- 2½ cups – Sugar
- 4 – eggs
- 1½ – Flour
- 1 tsp. – Baking Powder
- ½ tsp. – Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp. – Salt
- 1 cup – Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup – Milk
- 2 tsp. – Vanilla Extract
- 1 Container (12 oz.) – White Frosting
- 1 tsp. – Green Food Coloring
- Festive Cupcake Cups
- Get out your ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Put the butter sticks in the microwave to melt. The cooking time may vary per microwave, but for me I put it in for about 15 seconds, stir, then put it in for another 15 seconds.
- Mix together the melted butter and the sugar until it is light and fluffy.
- Add in each of the eggs, one at a time, beating them into the mixture between each one.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder.
- Mix in the milk and the vanilla extract, and then combine the sugar/butter mixture and the flour mixture. Use a mixer to get the consistency as smooth as possible.
- Line the cupcake pan with cupcake liners. I’ve used fun shiny gold and green ones.
- Once the mixture is smooth, spoon it into the cupcake liners.
- Fill each cupcake cup between 1/2″ and 2/3″. Make sure it’s not too much though, or it will spill over the top and not look like a clover.
- To make the cupcakes in a clover shape, we’re going to use aluminum. First cut a bunch of strips about 1½” wide.
- Then cut each strip in half to make each one into two strips.
- Then cut in half again so you have 4 squares from each aluminum foil strip.
- Now make small aluminum foil balls (oval seems to work best) out of each square.
- Place them in between each of the cupcake cups and the side of the pan in three different spots to create what looks like three clover leaves.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. After the cupcakes are done, let them completely cool so that the frosting won’t melt when you put it on.
- To make the frosting, scoop the entire canister of white frosting into a microwave safe bowl. Put in the microwave until it’s melted, but not hot. It took me about 30 seconds in my microwave.
- Then mix in the green food coloring until the color is the same throughout the frosting.
- Frost each cupcake with the green frosting.
- Add veins to look more like a leaf with a toothpick.
- Repeat until all the cupcakes have veins.
- To finish off, add decorative pieces such as pots of gold, etc.
Now you have cute clover shaped cupcakes for St. Patrick’s Day! You can also use any other cupcake recipe if you have a favorite, but I’m a big chocolate fan so I made mine with chocolate cupcakes.
I hope you enjoy and have a great holiday!