- 5-10 Pieces of Scrapbook Paper
- Shamrock Cookie Cutter (or punches if you have them big enough)
- Sewing Machine
- Gather the supplies above.
- If you can find a hole punch or die large enough, then that’s great and I would use that. I couldn’t find one big enough so I used a shamrock cookie cutter I already had and traced around it on the back of the paper. Then I cut it out with scissors.
- Using either the one you already cut out or the cookie cutter (whichever you think is easier) keep tracing on the back of the rest of your scrapbook sheets. I did this on about 5 sheets of standard scrapbook paper. But the garland didn’t go all the way to the ground around the doorway so you might want to use more.
- Cut them all out on different papers to make it more fun.
- Sew them together using a green thread to hide it as much as possible.
- Once you’re done hang them up with tape. I’m not sure about the longevity of these. If you use the tacky stuff that teachers use instead, you’ll probably be able to re-use them. Otherwise it might be hard to get the tape off without tearing them.
- Enjoy and be happy that you saved all that money on decorations. This would also be a great project to do with the kids.
No related posts.