In this jewelry making tutorial we’ll be learning how to make a delicate multi strand beaded necklace. Multi strand necklaces are often intimidating, however, they really are just as easy as any other beaded necklace.
- Basic jewelry making tools
- .015″ Diameter Nylon Coated Stainless Steal Bead Stringing Wire
- Metal Toggle Clasp (18mm)
- 12 Silver Criming Beads
-  Small light purple “seed beads”
-  Slightly larger light purple beads
-  Small dark purple “seed beads”
-  Slightly larger dark purple beads
-  Small light purple “bugle beads”
-  Wirebound purple heart charm
- First to make the special charm with the three dangling strands. For two of the strands do 12- and for the other one alternate  four times.
- Cut 3 strands of wire about 2½” long for the charm.
- To make the charm first, attach one of the smaller pieces of wire to the bottom of the charm and attach it with a silver crimping bead, put the beads on, and close off with another crimping bead.
- Repeat the above process with the other two dangling parts of the charm. When your charm is done, set it aside for now.
- Now we’re going to make the strands. There are going to be three strands total. For the first strand do the following pattern (see the corresponding numbers above).
- Repeat this pattern five times: 
- Place 10-, then 1-, then 1-
- Leave a space for the special charm we’ll be placing in the center of the first strand.
- Reverse the above three steps, mirroring the other side of the strand.
- For the second strand, do the following pattern:
- Place 21-
- Alternate  45 times, then end with another 
- Place 21- to end that strand
For the third strand, do the following pattern:
- Place 26-
- Place 120-
- Place 26-
Layout everything above onto your beadboard to make sure it looks good to you.
- Cut three strands of wire about 24″ long. You want it to be long enough for some wiggle room.
- Now attach one of the longer pieces of wire to one side of the toggle clasp with a crimping bead.
- String the first strand based on the above pattern.
- When the string is complete, attach the other side of the wire to the other end of the toggle clasp, and now you have a one strand necklace done.
- To add the next strand first attach the right side of the strand.
- Complete the same process of beading based on your layout and attach to the other side. Then do the same thing with the third strand.
- You’re finished! It’s a little teadeous to put on all the seed beads, but very simple to create this type of necklace with beads both small and large!
No related posts.